Monday, June 30, 2008

On the Shores of the Atlantic





One of the most beautiful part of a city that I can think of is the Old Port in Portland Maine. The cobblestone streets, the smell of the ocean just across the street and all the old buildings and no Wal-Mart in sight; just little shops selling everything imaginable. Heaven. So heavenly in fact, that I, wrapped up in taking in the sweet memory of my beloved Portland, nearly walked into a pole. If it hadn't been for my sweet husband who stuck his arm out to stop me. I was actually looking back at the building in the first picture; the Hay Building. Admit it, it's striking enough that you might walk into a pole just gazing at it too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someone once said that longing for your childhood home is just another way of longing for the child you left behind...I'm not sure about that but looking at these pictures sure brought back a flood of memories and the "longing" along with it.

Julie Perez
julie_perez@q.com

Unknown said...

The Old Port is so beautiful. You don't quite appreciate it until you move away.
It was fun to see you in Maine! Sorry I was such an air-head. I could make excuses, but I'll leave it at some things just don't change. ;)

Pamela said...

Great pictures, Amy. I really miss Maine, too. It's so nice to see and remember how quaint, peaceful, charming and beautiful our home state is...I still feel like it's home, too.